Clean Your Kidneys Now Avoid Dialysis ( BUY GARDEN EGG LEAVES.)July 25, 2017
Benefits of CalciumAugust 2, 2017
Botanical Name (Abel Mosuchus Esculentus)
Okra is one favorite nutritious vegetables of West Africa. The tropical warm climate is very favorable for cultivating this vegetable. It is also grown around the world in areas with warm temperate climate.
Okra pod is usually dark green in color with sizes 3-5 inches long.
- Okra pods are among the very low calorie vegetables. It contains no saturated fat, or cholesterol, very rich in dietary fiber, minerals and vitamins.
- Okra pods are rich sources of mucilage substance that helps in smooth peristalsis of digested food through the gut and ease constipation.
- They contains vitamin A, and highest level of flavonoids anti-oxidants such as beta-carotene, xanthin, and lutein. Vitamin A helps maintain healthy mucosa and skin. Flavonoids help protect you from lung and oral cavity cancers.
- Okra is a very good source of folate. Folate is good and helps women, especially during the pre-conception period because it helps decrease the incidence of neural tube defects in the new born.
- Okra is also rich in the B vitamin complex family, like niacin, B6, thiamin,
pantothenic acid and vitamin K. Minerals found on okra include iron, calcium, manganese and magnesium.
- Okra pods are widely eaten in Nigeria and West Africa. They are cook and enjoyed in Soups.
Follow Daily Health Wealth on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
Subscribe for free Health Tips