1. Your dirty laundry can fill your washing machine with viruses and bacteria which is transferred to your future loads of laundry.
To keep it clean, run your machine empty with a cup of bleach once a week.
2. Wash bed sheets at least once a week in hot water.
3. Wash bed sheets separately from other clothes.
4. Keep food and snacks out of bedrooms. Crumbs attract mold and bacteria.
5. A towel used by one person can be washed once a week. Wash after each use if someone is sick.
Wash exercise or gym clothes and towels after each use.
Wash kitchen towels separately from underwear and bathroom towels.
Change hand towels every few days or every time you have guest.
6. Germs are usually every where you do not expect, especially in the living room, on things touched often by every one like telephone, coffee tables, TV remote, and video controllers. Clean them often with disinfectant wipes. Sweep crumbs and clean spills right away, so bacteria doesn’t grow in your carpets and furniture.
7. Clean knobs and railings. Germs spread quickly on railings, faucets, doorknobs, cabinet handles, light switches, and lamps. Sanitize these surfaces with disinfecting cleaners once a week.
8. If you share equipment or eat while you work your computer keyboard, desktop, and telephone will become a breeding ground for germs. Sanitize these surfaces from time to time.
9. Kids get and spread germs easily. Once a week wipe down all surfaces in your child’s room. For babies make sure you really sanitize the diaper changing areas. Plastic toys should be washed once a week in disinfectants. Air to dry or clean with paper towels.
10. The kitchen sink is one of the dirtiest place in the house. The sponge is loaded with bacteria. Bacteria from raw meats and other foods grow in your sink. Scrub your sink with a disinfecting cleanser every day. That sponge should be washed and heated up in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes every night.
11. Keep your counter tops clean. Wash them with hot soapy water and clean with disinfectant wipes.
12. Clean your fridge by washing the inside walls, doors, and shelves with hot soapy water every month. To get rid of smells, use a mixture of water and white vinegar. Always clean up spills right away.
13. Use disinfectant bathtub cleaners to wash down your bathtub. Use same for sinks floors and showers. Rinse with clean water. Baking powder paste can help get rid of marketing sink or tub. Wash down your shower walls after each shower helps stop mold and mildew from growing.
Use toilet brush to scrub your toilet bowl every day.
14. When you walk into your house wearing shoes from outside, you are bringing in everything you have stepped on outside. It is better to always leave your shoes at the door. Wash your floors once a week.